Another picture from this summer. I took this one while in the University of B.C. Research Forest. Incidentally, this is an amazing, amazing place that I highly recommend to any and all considering visiting this odd corner of the world. I think I most like the light flooding the whole picture. It's overpowering light.
I've thought a lot about grace lately. Grace is the center of our faith. Apart from it, we are nothing. We are dead. We are filled with darkness and anger. It is a hard thing to remember sometimes that our guilt and shame -- our blackest sins -- are the areas God most desires to extend grace to. We just want to hide that darkness, bury it away. But we never can. It eats away the joy that Christ longs to fill us with. By denying this grace, we are denying that Christ's sacrifice was, is, and always will be sufficient for that corner of darkness. I don't want to have to rely on grace in those moments, but how can I live without this truly awe-some gift? I don't understand our Savior's love, but I accept it, and I hope that the changes that God is working within me continue and grow.
2 comments:
Hi Kirbee:). Yes, I have a blog. I've just successfully hid it from you for, well, since I've been at Dordt:). I LOVE the pictures...it's gorgeous. And yay for grace...amazing grace:).
Me again...I actually have a real live blog now. Come see!
Post a Comment