Sunday, January 21, 2007

The past two days...

Nate and I got stuck in the snow with his jeep last night.
It was ridiculously funny after we got unstuck.

And before that we went to Barnes and Noble where I bought a book with no words in it (how silly is that?), and saw a ton of Dordt peoples.

And before that we ate dinner at Ruby Tuesdays, where I ate huge portebella mushrooms on my salad, ate a tasty barbeque burger, and had a totally amazing strawberry lemonade with mint and fizzy water and fresh strawberries.

And before that we went to the best used bookstore in Sioux Falls, which has amazing books covering all the most important subjects (theology and horses), and where we learned that Nate has a bit shorter attention span than I do.

And before that we went to an antique store rated best in Sioux Falls. I found a vase that matches my wicked awesome blue salt and pepper shakers (but resisted temptation to buy;), a lovely inlaid brass box (which Nate spoke reason to me and said I didn't really need), watched Nate slobber over old cameras, and pranced around in a really warm and fuzzy mink stole.

And before that Nate took me away from Eryn, because we were late getting back from our very late breakfast, but right on time lunch at Butlers, where we had the most tasty chicken rasberry vinegrette pannini, aztec chicken tortilla soup, and a cinnamon carmel mocha. End result: to very talkative, distracted, and highly caffeinated girls.

And before that I got up at 10:45, and Eryn came by fifteen minutes later, and amused herself while I got ready by reading my beauty book written by former Miss Universes.

And before that I woke up at 7:00 to say goodbye to Cassie. Which was sad. But I consoled myself by knowing that I will see her face all over American Idol next year.

And before that I went to bed at 1:00 after laughing so hard with my roommates I thought I might hurt myself or just fall over. And I told Cassie she had to leave because she made scandelous comments about Nate and her pajamas.

And before that I walked to David and Rita's with Nate and Eryn, because potbag insisted on walking in chilly burrness. But he was a good gentleman and carried my ten different kinds of root beer over so we could all have a root beer tasting. We all became super snobs of root beer and also very sick of the stuff. (btw -- Mug is disgusting, and Virgils and Frost Top are the best. But if in a fix, A&W is bearable. Under no conditions whatsoever should you drink the horror known as Santa Cruz organic root beer beverage. It's clear and scary tasting).

And before that I went to the choir concert, where the guys made the show by singing Old Mink Farm.

Yup. It has been a weekend of amazing adventures.

No comments: