Monday, May 22, 2006

Just so that everyone is aware -- I'm not dead. Yeah, Colorado was absolutely awesome, and the wedding was simply lovely. And I mean simple really is lovely. I liked the calm, casual tone everyone set. Casual enough that a bunch of people (minus the beautiful bride, still in gown) went swimming in the pool at the reception. Ahhh.

The trainride back was nice and peaceful. I was able to enjoy the beauty of the Rockies and the silence of having a row to myself, at least until we got to Denver. But by then it was getting later in the day, and I wasn't terribly concerned with the view. Over the course of both trips I managed to finish 2 1/2 books and write about 5 pages, not to mention have some great talks with Eryn. Maybe if I get ambitious I'll post a few of my ramblings.

I talked with a really nice new grandad traveling the same route I was. I attempted to sleep, mostly unsuccessfully, but still was wide awake when the train came into Omaha. Now, alas, I must do laundry. Sigh. How anticlimactic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kirbee!! ha! I found you! I am definitely jealous of your train ride... that must be a long way from ireland. I think we should have stuck Hannah on the train too, because she said the air conditioning wasn't working, which apparently wasn't pleasant. Anyway! Hope your summer is behaving tremendously