- The present progressive tense-ing
- Nate.
- Nate's family (and his farm, where he shows me cool things and tries very hard to teach me to shoot. Don't worry, I'll make you teach me on that sweet little gun sometime over Christmas)
- Scout. He's pretty much the awesome-est purebred mutt I know.
- Having people drive me everywhere. I traveled from Dordt to Nate's, to my house, to St. Cloud, back to home, and back to Nate's and back to Dordt. And I didn't drive a lick of it. Heehee.
- Lovely starry nights. Especially at home where there are no lights around to dim the gorgeousness. I wish I could stay up all night to watch them travel across the whole sky.
- My horses. Especially Cruiser. Who let's crazy people like Nate ride him, and only moderately takes advantage of the newbie;) Actually Nate did an awesome job. Mom and I think he's a natural;)
- Taking long trail rides in parks. Mom and I went to a local state park and rode all over the place. It was stunning, even with all the leaves gone. Mom and I talked about everything worth talking about the whole time, which was a big challenge because Cruiser and Hank were really, really hyper and jittery and muchly entertaining.
- Shopping with fun people. My whole family went shopping with me, and we found all kinds of crazy deals.
- My brother. Who is now the owner of the two coolest shirts. One says, "It's Good in the Hood" with a big photo of Mr. Rogers. Yes. Wicked awesome. The other: "It's all fun and games until the flying monkeys attack." And of course, there are stick flying monkeys around a little stick man. One holding the missing leg. Sigh of envy.
- My new wool coat. It's black, long, warm. And I have it now, at long last.
- My new scarf. It's purple, long, warm, and matches the totally awesome new coat.
- Traveling with my family. They are totally nuts. And my siblings become more hilarious every time I see them.
- Fixing up my room. I stayed up until 4:00 in the morning two nights in a row redoing things in there. It was so fun. My family thinks I'm nuts. I found all kinds of lost treasures, and threw out a ton of old junk.
- Staring out of clean windows and seeing the details you've been missing for so long.
- My old book collection. They smell like nothing else in this world. I could live in that scent.
- Talking to Nate on the phone when it keeps cutting out. He says things funny:D
- Bad weather. When I get to admire it and find it lovely.
- Dip ink pens. I tried them out today. I love them. I want to write all my letters with them, why did people ever switch? They are so classy and smooth to write with.
- Hugging Michelle and Eryn again. I missed those two.
Vita Hominis Sine Literis Nihil Est (The Life of a Man is Nothing Without Literature)
Monday, November 27, 2006
20 Things I Am Currently Liking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awwww :) I love you Kirbee.
I missed that last time I looked at your blog, I had to leave before I finished reading it and I almost didn't read the end!
je t'adore!
Happy to say funny things on the cell phone, get taken advantage of by a horse, and try to teach you to shoot (I'm just glad we found a gun that fits you)
-your loyal chauffer potbag
Give Michelle another hug from me!
Post a Comment