I tricked my body today. It was fun. My first class was canceled, so I "slept in" until 9:00. Which made my body very happy and enthusiastic. Except, I stayed up until 5:15 working on Muslim World assignments. Sigh. My poor deluded self. On the up side, I took a small nap, ate Pizza Ranch for dinner, got to boss herd-bound, polyester-bedecked teenagers, and finally, roasted marshamallows, sang songs and yacked - all to the hideous aroma of stinky cigar.
Now for a more profound look at the day. I love colors. And I find it endlessly thrilling to see how God uses so many incredible colors in his creation. Like tonight -- there was a rich, deep blue nightsky filled with stars. That alone was great. But then the sparks from the bonfire floated up into that sky, and the glimmering whites and oranges melded to perfection. I could have stared at that forever. Whenever I feel myself starting to cave into the stress of my life, I just need to see some of those incredible colors God has put all around us, and I feel inexplicably better.
No comments:
Post a Comment